The Kingsmen dive into the magical miracle of Encanto (2021).
Feel like you’re the only one with no gifts or talents? Feel like you can’t live up to everyone’s expectations? Ostracized for being yourself? Well, then, cry it out us!
In this episode, Simon and Joey share how this beautiful movie conveys the best parts of the Christian gospel to broken hearts today.
Click here to listen.
- [00:00:02] Introduction
- [00:06:17] Luke’s Christmas Story as a Musical
- [00:07:43] Jesus in Gethsemane Viewed as a Musical
- [00:09:31] Mirabel and Miracle
- [00:10:26] Movies are Parables
- [00:10:55] Did Mirabel have Miracle?
- [00:12:28] Charismatic Gifts
- [00:15:03] Gifts and Worth
- [00:17:02] Burnout from Earning Worth
- [00:21:09] Longing to Belong
- [00:28:21] Misunderstanding the Gift of Prophecy
- [00:32:12] Prophecies are Meant to Change your Fate
- [00:37:00] Denial of Brokenness
- [00:40:09] Leading from Trauma
- [00:44:18] The Miracle Candle and the Sacrifice of Abuelo
- [00:49:21] Gentleness and Strength
- [00:51:34] Mirabel and her Gift of Empathy
- [00:56:38] Embracing the Enemy
- [00:59:35] God’s Household is Open to All
- [01:00:33] Conclusion