In the consequential aftermath of Thanos destructive snap and ultimate defeat, Spiderman: Far From Home grapples with themes like grief, self-worth, following in the footsteps of heroic predecessors, the passing of the mantle, exercising discernment of character. As always, the Kingsmen analyze these themes through Christian biblical and theological perspectives.
If you enjoyed the episode, please give us a like and subscribe to get updates on upcoming podcasts.
- [00:00:00] Introduction
- [00:00:40] The Relationship Between Iron and Spider
- [00:05:52] A Connection to Elijah and Elisha
- [00:10:50] The Trinity God Relentlessly Pursues Community
- [00:14:13] What Makes Spiderman Worthy?
- [00:19:15] Understanding Worthiness from Acts
- [00:26:05] Spiderman: The Best of Two Avengers
- [00:33:46] Secure and True to Self
- [00:35:55] Mysterio and False Prophets
- [00:39:28] What Creates a Mysterio?
- [00:43:44] The Reason for Forgiveness
- [00:49:11] The Kingsmen Hero/Villain Litmus Test
- [00:51:28] The Similarities of Mysterio and Satan
- [00:55:48] Peter Tingle and the Christian’s Spiritual Discernment
- [01:01:02] Prayer: Spiritual Breathing
- [01:05:51] Looking Beyond the Natural
- [01:08:42] The Reason for the Kingsmen
- [01:12:27] Conclusion